Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I Am Not a Rapper" Review pt.2

Jarrian Wilson aka JayWill reviews the mixtape for me....Check out what he had to say about it!!!

"First let me start off by saying this is long overdue. I was suppose to have this done days ago, but due to some technical difficulty I was delayed. But here it is, the review of one of the hottest mixtapes I've heard this year(and that's speaking in the terms that KidNfinite and myself haven't dropped our mixtape yet). But back to the subject at hand: J-Nolan's I'm Not A Rapper mixtape.
This is truely one of first mixtapes I can put as being one of the hottest mixtapes I've heard of someone who is not signed yet. It truely takes your mind into the life of the kid J-Nolan. He speaks on many subjects in this mixtape. Some of the songs could actually make very worthy radio cut tracks.
I'll give you a couple of the tracks that stuck out to me. Out of 19 tracks including three skits, four songs truely were those that I just had to play over and over again. My number one track is" Whatcha doin with ya life" where he depicts the struggles that he faces in the eyes of others who don't believe in his dream of being a great emcee. My second is" Bobby Bonds" where he truely showed off his metaphorical style showing that he can keep up with any artist if not exceed. My third is his freestyle "Back on the scene" where on this up beat track in one verse he spits nuclear style fire making you have to nod your head and make you think of the 90's style when it was just pure Hip Hop. And of course his critically acclaimed "Save The Planet" over the Nas "Hero" beat he talks about how he wants to save the state of Hip Hop.
This may only be a mixtape but its a worthy veiw of what we can expect for the future of Hip Hop. If you want to find J-Nolan go to www.myspace.com/jnolaniscool. Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed in what you hear.
Well I'm signing out.
This is Jarrian Wilson aka JayWill da Hitman saying look out for my boy J-Nolan. And follow the link to get to his page."
Job very well done guy! If you're reading this, please make a note of some sort that you will be able to download this mixtape FRIDAY....SEPTEMBER 26th!!! For FREE of course. Real hip-hop music is coming back man....And I'm not the one telling you anymore. I can't wait to hear more opinions!!!
J.Nolan is Cool

No comments: